Friday, January 17, 2014

A Year For New Possibilities

A Year For New Possibilities

Christmas 2013
Jeremiah 29:11 KJV states "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."  This says to me God has a plan for us...all of us.  He wishes us to prosper in this life and have peace but when we turn to our own ways, our lives can be filled with turmoil.
 
Justin's birthday is January 6 and it was hard to believe he turned 19.  Yes, you read that right.  He is now 19 years old.  I can hardly believe it.  Where did the time go?  Where is my little boy?  I've had to face the fact that he is no longer my baby, but he is now a young man.
 
I think back to when he was born and all the plans I had for him.  Some of the plans have come to pass and some haven't and I am okay with that because I know God has bigger plans for him than I ever imagined.  I've seen God's hand move in his life and witnessed my son being used by our Father in Heaven.  The feeling surrounding those moments is priceless.
 
As we have entered a new year, I realize it is a year filled with new possibilities.  Chances for God to use all of us for His will if only we will open up and let Him.  It's hard to turn away from our way of doing things, but our Heavenly Father knows what is best for us.  He knows the plans he has for us.  They won't hurt us.  In fact, these plans will do just the opposite.  They can bring the peace and love to our lives that we have been seeking. 
 
Wouldn't it be wonderful, if we would all be obedient to the plans God has for us and follow him instead of lusting after the world?
 
Thanks for reading and Happy New Year.
Angela :) 

2 comments:

  1. Wow Thank You I need to hear this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sensory Spectrum is hosting a special blog hop of posts from bloggers in June and we'd love to have you participate! Just imagine a list of bloggers sharing their stories about what it’s like to have sensory challenges and what it means to have a sensory kiddo! Read more here: http://www.thesensoryspectrum.com/sensory-bloggers-blog-hop-information/

    Joining in on this blog hop will undoubtedly get your blog more exposure as people will hop from one blog to the next to read the stories. I will also be tweeting everyone's stories during the month and highlighting some on my Facebook page.

    I hope you'll join us!
    Jennifer @ The Sensory Spectrum
    (and you can find me @ The Jenny Evolution, too!)

    ReplyDelete