Sunday, February 17, 2013

Love In The Eyes Of A Child

LOVE IN THE EYES OF A CHILD
 
When I think of love, 1 Corinthians 13:4–8 (NIV) comes to mind.  These verses from the Bible state that:   "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."   These verses are so beautiful in their explanation of what love is that it's no wonder they are found many times in wedding ceremonies, but when I read them I think of the love of a child.

 It was love at first sight when I looked into each of my children's eyes for the first time.  It was then  I realized that in the eyes of this child, I was everything and they loved me with no questions asked.  Even though there were many sleepless nights, midnight feedings, dirty diapers and messes to clean up, the unconditional love I received has made it all worthwhile. As they have grown older, we have shared many memories we will always have. They still make me feel like I can do anything which in turn gives me the strength to do what needs to be done.  I'm not saying things don't get tough, because it is a constant struggle to keep up with the daily demands of taking care of a family, and having a child with special needs can sometimes add to an already busy schedule, but I always find a way to adjust because it's not about me but about them.

My heart melts every time I think of my children and it has truly been a blessing to watch the love deepen with each passing day.  So my words of wisdom for the day is to love with all that you have.  It means putting yourself aside to put someone else first, but the rewards you reap and the love you get in return is something that will last a lifetime.

Thanks for reading,
Angela :)


 

2 comments:

  1. MY DEAR ANGELA THE WORDS THAT U HAVE WRITTEN ARE SO TRUE. BEING A NEW MOTHER AGAIN I JUST HAD THAT SAME FEELING THE OTHER DAY WHEN MY SON LOOKED IN MY EYES FOR THE FIRST TIME MADE ME FEEL THIS WAY ALL OVER AGAIN ABOUT MY CLAN OF 4.I LOVE MY CHILDREN SOOOO MUCH THAT I FEEL SELFISH WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO THEM AND SOMETIMES THESE FEELING GET SO TOUGH TO THE POINT THAT IT'S OVERWHELMING. I HAVN'T BEEN TO A CHURCH IN YEARS AND TRULY HEARD THE WORD, BUT YOU HAVE REALLY GIVEN ME A PART OF THE TRUTH THAT I BELIEVE IN MY HEART. THANKS. B.J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words. I am so blessed that you received such a strong message from me sharing my story. May God bless you and always allow you to see "love in the eyes" of your children.

      Delete