Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My Own Little World

MY OWN LITTLE WORLD

I bought Justin a shirt one time which read "I live in my own little world, but it's ok they know me here."  I thought it fit Justin perfectly but as I began to ponder it further I realized it's true for everyone.  We are all responsible for what and who we let into our world and as we began to have children, we have the added responsibility to monitor their little world as well.  The world we create for our family should be one of comfort, peace and acceptance, but then why is there so much pain, suffering and heartache? 

 This question has been plagueing my mind since reading the news this past week.  One story was about the death of a 32 year old man with down syndrome.  They arrested the mother and sister in connection with his death.  The man had been locked in his room and forced to sleep on a child's bed covered with feces.  He had an untreated skin condition which caused sores to form so deep you could see the bone in some areas.  The shocker for me was that he weighed only 69 pounds at the time of his death.  Yes, you read that right.  A 32 year old man weighing only 69 pounds when he died.  The mother's only worry was wondering whether or not she would continue to draw her son's disability check even though he was dead.

The other story I read which brought me to tears was a local story about the death of a three year old little girl. The mother had already been sentenced to 20 years in prison in connection with the death and her boyfriend got life in prison.  Evidence showed this little angel had bruises all over her body and burns around her private areas.  She had an untreated urinary tract infection that spread to her kidneys and the blood stream, but it was also proven she had been raped several days before her death.

I can't understand why the people in these two individuals lives didn't try to ensure their world was free from this evil.  They had the ability to provide a safe haven but chose instead to be a part of the torment their children endured.  Why oh why does the innocent have to continue be the victims of the cruelness of this world?

I don't have the answers but I do know we don't have to worry about what is going on in these two individuals' world anymore.  They are with our Lord in Heaven and He tells us in Revelation 21:4 KJV  "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."

I urge each of us to take a look at our own world and the world of our children and if there is something we can do to ensure the safe, loving environment that is so needed to make sure they grow physically, mentally and spiritually, then please make the effort to do so.  We only have one shot at this.  We can't go back ten years from now and try to fix it.  It is something that must be done at this moment.

Thanks for taking time out of your day to be a part of my world.
Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment