Monday, May 20, 2013

Like A Child

Like A Child
Justin enjoying life.

I've watched Justin's physical development zoom past his mental development during his eighteen years on this earth.  Even though he is an adult, he still has the mentality of a young child.  I have wondered why God would allow this to take place and my eyes were opened in Matthew 18:2-3 (KJV).  It states  "2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, 3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of Heaven."

I began to take a closer look at my son and noticed he still possesses an innocence and child-like faith that most of us lose when we approach adulthood.  We lose these qualities and find it hard to regain them when we get "too big for our britches" and start depending more on what we can do for ourselves instead of what we can do for God.  God's hand is upon us and He provides for us, but as we get older we sometimes want bigger and better things and start straying from the one who loves us beyond measure.

I took another look at my son and realized he doesn't care where his clothes come from or even if they have holes in them.  He wears them anyway and doesn't complain.  He worries not about what he is going to eat and never thinks it's not good enough or that he doesn't like it.  How many of us have to make sure our clothes match?  How many of us wouldn't be caught dead in a thrift store?  How many of us stick our nose up at what has been put in front of us to eat? 

I have also watched Justin be a blessing to so many people just by being obedient to what the Lord has placed on his heart.  It is with shame that I admit there have been times when the Lord has wanted me to do something and I didn't because I was scared of what people would think.  I worried more about fitting in or being talked about instead of obeying the one who has blessed me so much.

So in closing, I thank God for allowing me to see just how humble, trusting and obedient we can be if we move our own ego out of the way and depend on Him and be thankful for what we have been given.

Thanking God also for my faithful readers and that my words may touch someone.
Angela :)

1 comment:

  1. This is so very true! Justin is such a blessing, but I have never really looked at things through his eyes like that. This is such a good post.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete